Terms and Conditions Governing the Submission and Review of Third Party Submissions ("Terms and Conditions")
Thank you for making contact with Smart Codes Limited ("Smart Lab"). Smart Lab does not enter into any idea sharing with any third party without a formal written agreement in place. It is specifically recorded that any and all agreements entered into by Smart Lab, must be duly signed by the authorised Smart Lab representative.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, the term Submission means any information that you have sent to Smart Lab by e-mail, printed document, instant message or any other communication medium. These Terms and Conditions must be accepted and signed in order to submit your Submission to Smart Lab and enter into any discussions with Smart Lab.
If you choose to make a Submission to Smart Lab, Smart Lab will review the Submission to determine whether it may be of benefit to Smart Lab's range of products or services. Smart Lab will not typically enter into any confidential discussion either through a Non-Disclosure Agreement (“NDA”) or otherwise. Smart Lab may consider confidentiality only once it has gained sufficient understanding of the proposal, in terms of your Submission.
Making Contact with Smart Lab
- You acknowledge that Smart Lab is not liable in any manner whatsoever due to its receipt of any Submission.
- You warrant that the proposal and ideas in your Submission are your own, and that by using and/or implementing your proposal, Smart Lab will not be infringing on the rights of any third party.
- The disclosure of any information in the Submission will not be treated in a confidential manner.
- Smart Lab makes no guarantee that it will use any information contained in any Submissions in any manner whatsoever.
- Smart Lab is under no obligation to respond to a Submission within any time period.
Engaging with Smart Lab
- Any interactions between yourself and Smart Lab does not imply that Smart Lab is not already contemplating same or engaging, either directly or through a partner or third party, in an idea which is similar to or contained in any form, in your Submission.
- Smart Lab may have already implemented or can already be in the process of implementing or developing, either directly or via a partner or third party, an idea which is specified, similar and/or related to your Submission. Smart Lab will not be liable in any manner whatsoever if this situation arises.
- Any response or lack of response from Smart Lab does not imply any action from Smart Lab or put Smart Lab under any obligation whatsoever.
Protecting your rights before engaging with Smart Lab
- If you believe that your Submission contains any Intellectual Property (IP) which you have developed or devised, then you are required to secure these IP or patent rights, at your own cost, before engaging with Smart Lab.
- Disclosure of any features of an idea or invention prior to filing for IP or patent protection may subsequently invalidate any patent or IP protection you seek after the date of disclosure.
- Any existing protected rights must be disclosed to Smart Lab at the time of your Submission.
- You are strongly advised to seek independent professional advice as to the possibility of safeguarding any potentially inventive element contained within your Submission, prior to submitting your Submission to Smart Lab.
Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
- Following your signature of these Terms and Conditions and your Submission to Smart Lab:
- Smart Lab will at its discretion engage with you regarding this Submission.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to any prior communications and interactions you may have had with Smart Lab or its representatives related to any ideas or information contained in or related to this Submission.
Rejecting of these Terms
- In the event that you are not prepared to accept these Terms and Conditions, then you should not make any Submission to Smart Lab.